Thursday, April 21, 2011

BEAT THE HEAT!!

Beating the heat and humidity can be tough espeically when it comes to ensuring your makeup lasts throughout the day. Here are a few tips to help maintain your "Pretty Face" during the summer months:

1. Cleanse your face daily using a mild facial cleanser. It is important to exfoliate at least once a week to remove dry, dull skin. I personally use St. Ives Apricot Scrub, I'm in love with it.  For people with normal to oily skin I recommend you use a pore refiner or reducer to help reduce excess oils in the t-zone area. The pore refiner/reducer can be found at your local drug store for under $10. The pore refiner/reducer helps give you a more smooth, refined complexion. For people with dry skin, I recommend cleansing with Aveeno's Moisturizer Bar, which can be found at your local drug store for under $5. For all skin types moisturizing is very important, it helps proctect your face from the harsh elements. For the summer, I use a light weight moisturizer with SPF 15 to help protect my face from the elements as well as to prevent sunburn.

2. Wearing heavy makeup in the heat and humidity can be very uncomfortable. I would avoid wearing cream and liquid foundations because the outdoor heat and high body temperatures can cause your makeup to melt. If you prefer wearing cream and liquid foundations, I would apply it very lightly. Another option is to wear a pressed powder. This provides a more lightweight feel with medium coverage. Also, try using a pencil concealer instead of the regular cream or stick. This might not provide you with as much coverage as a liquid or cream, but it will ensure that your makeup lasts throughout the day. I always finish up my look with Fix Plus aka Fix + by MAC.

**A FRIENDLY SKINCARE TIP** Bacteria and heat go hand in hand...try to avoid touching your face with your hands because your hands harbor soooo much bacteria. Also, keep your cell phone screen and surface clean. I'm constantly wiping my screen because after I use my phone it has makeup residue and natural oils from my face. Keeping your face clean can help prevent problem breakouts.

***DISCLAIMER*** I am not affliated nor am I being compensated by any company, product or brand mentioned in this blog. This is my personal opinion, facts I have gathered from my knowledge and research as a makeup artist. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email me at myprettyfacemua@gmail.com***

No comments:

Post a Comment