Monday, January 9, 2012

The Infamous Glitter Lip


There has been a lot of talk about the new trends in the makeup and beauty world. One that seems to have caught my eye is the infamous glitter lip. I must say, I'm a lover of color and all things edgy so I was all for trying this what same may call far fetched look.

Here's how to achieve the glitter lip:

 I used a green eye liner a little darker than the color of the glitter I was using and lined and colored in both lips. Blot lips together don't rub. Then I heavily applied a sheer lipstick by covergirl. I used that as my adhesive. As I did with the lip liner I blotted my lips together to ensure even application. I placed my glitter on a tissue for easy access and used the tip of my ring finger to apply it. You can apply as little or as much as you want...just depends on the look you want to achieve. I was very generous with mine. After you've applied the amount you want, go back with a clean finger and press the glitter into your lips. After your application is complete, go around the perimeter of your lips with a q-tip to clean off any excess. Never rub, it will take the glitter off  and it may also cause a little irritation. Also, never use any kind of gloss...it's more oily than it is sticky. It will cause your glitter to move and become a very messy situation.

My glitter lip was also featured on GlossPills website...make sure you check it out.

Smooches!!

No comments:

Post a Comment