Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Review: Smooth FX Lip Scrub & Balm

I recently purchased the Smooth FX Lip Scrub and Balm from Victoria Secret. I rarely go in there but I couldn't help myself since I had a $10 off coupon. As I perused through the makeup and beauty items, I came across the last box of Smooth FX.


To make sure my review of this product was accurate I did not follow my normal routine of applying carmex to my lips before bed and I did not apply anything before trying this product. Needless to say, my lips felt like at any moment they would fall off. Anywho, I followed the directions as they were written on the box "To ensure a perfect pout, our pros always prep lips with this sugar scrub and moisture-rich balm before applying color. Gently massage the scrub onto the lips for 30 seconds, then tissue off. Finish with a light layer of balm. Lips are left feeling soft, supple and ready for camera-worthy color" Then, I tried things my way. I applied the lip scrub with a q-tip to my lips and rubbed them together as you would if you applied lipstick or gloss. I rubbed until my little heart was content...30 seconds was not enough for these lips. To remove the excess scrub and dead skin, I used an exfoliating makeup remover wipe. The moisture from the wipe helps to remove the product without leaving any lint residue. I then applied the lip balm using a generous amount. I didn't feel like a "light layer" was enough. I can honestly say, my lips don't feel any different now than they did before I applied the lip scrub and lip balm.

Overall, I can't say I'm overly impressed with this product. It retails at $16.50, luckily I only paid $6.00 for it. If I had to buy it again, would I? No. The packaging is nice, but the quality of the product is not up to my standards.


I would recommend Mary Kay's Satin Lips...I love, love, love this product. Makes my lips feel heavenly after using this.


There are several other brands on the market that you can try or you can also make your own homemade lip scrub which consists of a mixture of olive oil and sugar. With the harsh elements of winter, it is important to make sure that your skin (lips included) stay moisturized.  

**Remember that this review is based on my own personal opinion and preference. I am in no way affiliated with Victoria Secret. I purchased the product with my money and I am not being compensated.**

Thanks for reading...See ya soon!!! Smooches!

No comments:

Post a Comment