Saturday, November 20, 2010

M.A.C. Style Session

So today I went to my first M.A.C. Style Session, I was uber excited about this event seeing as though I'd heard about them for years but never experienced it. All week I've been looking forward to it and finally the day had come. I pictured this to be something that would give me insight on the new products, something to show me something new as far as application, etc.

So I get there and check in, I'm given a cute little M.A.C. notebook filled with face sketchs and note pages along with a cute little M.A.C. pencil and a lanyard.

The session starts, we're broken off into three groups and taken to our stations. The way it works is there will be three stations. Each station has a different inspired look. For instance todays session included looks inspired by Tokyo, London and Los Angeles. Basically, all that they did was take a model from each group for each look and do the inspired look on that model. They did give you step by step instructions on what they did as well as which product and brush they were using as they went along. In my opinion, this event would be great for a newbie, someone who is just getting into make-up. There were opportunities to try products and ask questions which I thought was good. I love trying new products.

There were two products that were new to me, which I'm going to list:

First off, we have the new Digi Dazzle collection, it was love at first sight when I seen "Smash Hit".
This color looks like a goldish glittery color, but it goes on very glittery with a pinkish purple tint. I'm in love!!

Secondly, there is another product that I fell in love with...it's called Venomous Villians Magically Cool Liquid Powder of course from the Venomous Villian Collection.


   
It's composed of 70% water. It's something you would use after you've completed your makeup application. It's often compared to the Fix Plus. The feeling of this powder gliding on your face with the right brush would feel like heaven.

I'm absolutely in love with both of these products. I would highly recommend the Cool Liquid Powder as a finishing powder because it gives you a natural, smooth, airbrushed look. The Digi Dazzle "Smash Hit" is just an added extra that will give your look that extra pop. It'll be great for the holidays.

Hope this helps, be on the look out for my next post introducing the new M.A.C. Spring collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment